Rehabilitation in the Context of HIV:
A Self-Directed On-line Interprofessional HIV Course to Increase the Capacity of Rehabilitation Professionals
Join an emerging community of your peers who are increasing the interprofessional capacity of all care providers, from physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists to family physicians, academic researchers, and AIDS service organization professionals concerned with rehabilitation.
Developed by the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR) and brought to you by CWGHR, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT), and the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA), this 14-hour, self-directed course will help you to bridge the world of HIV, disability and rehabilitation
Rehabilitation in the context of HIV is a new cutting edge interprofessional learning tool for pre-practice and experienced rehabilitation professionals that will deepen your understanding of the benefits of rehabilitation for those living with HIV and other episodic disabilities. This self-directed course explains the episodic nature of many disabilities that you as a rehabilitation specialist encounter with patients/clients.
Rehabilitation in the context of HIV introduces:
- HIV as an episodic disability
- Ways to enhance interprofessional approaches to your practice
- The roles for rehabilitation in care, prevention, treatment and support for people living with HIV and other episodic disabilities
Course benefits include:
- Seven modules covering: an introduction to HIV rehabilitation, rehabilitation roles and interventions, interdisciplinary case studies, and much more
- An interactive, engaging, user-friendly and self-directed format with a variety of learning tools
- A certificate recognizing your successful completion of the course
- Professional development credits for some professional associations. Please check with your professional association for details
Once registered, you will have access to the course material for 10 weeks.Prices: $249 members of CWGHR, CPA, CAOT, and CASLPA, $299 non-members.
To register for the online-course Rehabilitation in the Context of HIV, click here.
For institutional use of this course please contact Le-Ann Dolan at email@example.com.
To find out more about Rehabilitation in the context of HIV contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.